Sunday, March 20, 2016

Palm Sunday


Palm Sunday - it marks the beginning of Holy Week and a significant moment in history when God's redemptive story began to unfold through the life of Jesus. Hosanna means "God, save us". How desperate we are for God to save us. The respect Jesus received on this day, so many years ago, is truly what He has deserve all along.

"Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!
Rejoice in heave and glory in the highest!"
Luke 19:38

I love that our endlessly gracious Savior is the same table-flippin' Jesus who burned with a righteous anger because sin was keeping people from relationship with God the Father. That's how much He cares about the purity of the temple (symbolic of our bodies and hearts, which are temples of the Holy Spirit - 1 Corinthians 6:19), being free from sin and in right relationship with our God.

Today, that connection between the cleansing of the temple on Palm Sunday and the cleansing of our temples was made clear to me. I asked myself what I need Jesus to cleanse me of, so that I can have unhindered intimacy with God.

And so I too ask you: what does Jesus need to clean out of your temple to free you from the bondage of sin and redeem you from within?

Let us pray for cleansing from our sins and a deepened intimacy with God, because in Him is fullness of life, and through Him we get to share in the glory of God.

Why wouldn't we?!

"You will find Me when you seek Me with all of your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13

In His Name,

No comments:

Post a Comment