Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hope in Jesus

Calligraphy chalkboard for a friend's Wall of Thankfulness

It's been quite a week already in our country. When words are insufficient, I turn to Scripture. 

We talked about lament in church last Sunday, and little did I know that it was preparing me for the grief ahead. I find myself trying to explain things logically to myself in order to grasp what it going on, but really what I should be doing is just allowing myself and others to grieve. Sometimes silence is better. I whispered prayers crying out to our God for my brothers and sisters, for my home. 

We need more of you, God.
More unity, less division.
More compassion, less judgment.
More wisdom, less opinion.
More love, less hatred.
More of Jesus, less of us.

With a hopeful heart,


No comments:

Post a Comment