Thursday, December 24, 2015

DIY Brush-Lettered Wrapping Paper

Merry Christmas Eve! This month flew by, and now I am so excited to spend time with my loved ones and then take off to Portland and Seattle!

So I had wanted to show you guys a few different gift wrapping ideas much earlier this month, but instead I've been resting and catching up with people who are so dear to me. This season has been tough for me, particularly with grad school, but I am constantly reminded of how good God is in the midst of it all. He provides us with wonderful relationships and friendships, and everything I could need and more. So this Christmas season, my priorities are Jesus and loved ones. I love gift shopping and holiday-related festivities, but loving God and loving people are still at the top of my list.

I pray that during the holidays, you will press deeply into Christ's love and grace - especially if family time is tough (and let's be real, it can be for every family). I pray that if your heart has been weary lately like mine, that you will rejoice in the hope we have in Jesus. Let us never lose the wonder and amazement that God Himself would live and die and rise again so that we could have life, and have it abundantly. Immanuel means "God with us"; His presence never leaves our side, and His love never fails, regardless of how we feel or what others say. Jesus has saved us from the death we deserve, and so we rejoice.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
L U K E  2 : 1 4

Thank you Jesus. My heart bursts with joy because of You. We celebrate you, acknowledge that it is your love within and between us. We love you.

Brush-lettered white ink on kraft paper.

Oh right, this was supposed to be a DIY post. This wrapping paper was super easy to make, and I love the handmade touch it added to my gifts.

Brush-Lettered Wrapping Paper
+ Roll of kraft paper (usually sold with shipping supplies)
+ White ink (I used a jar of Speedball ink)
+ Paint brush
+ Yarn
+ Scissors
+ Tape
+ Gift tag (I made mine with black cardstock and white gel pen)

Directions:
  1. Unroll the kraft paper and lay on a flat surface.
  2. Shake the bottle of ink thoroughly to mix contents.
  3. Dip your paint brush into the ink to brush-letter your favorite Christmas song lyrics, Bible verses, or whatever else you want to write.
  4. Continue until you have covered a large portion of the paper.
  5. Let dry.
  6. Wrap your gifts and pretty them up with some yarn, twine, foliage, and a gift tag.
Have a wonderful day!!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment