Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Few Favorite Faith-Related Books + Audio

Hi friends!

If you've read some of my blog posts or know me personally, you are probably aware of how integral my relationship with God is in my daily life and relationships. I wholeheartedly believe that I cannot do anything apart from Him, and I don't want to. Life in His Spirit and presence is sweeter than anything this world could ever offer. I am constantly trying to immerse myself more deeply in His Word through various mediums to draw my wandering heart back to Jesus. I want to share a few things I have been reading or listening to lately so that you can perhaps be inspired too.

R E A D:

The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence


I am currently reading this book for the second time. The first time I picked it up, God was int eh process of teaching me what it means to abide and be in His presence constantly. In my present stage of life, I know the Scriptures that remind us to abide in God, but I am still continually training my heart and mind to abide and depend fully on God. I highly recommend this book for anyone seeking more of God's presence in the ordinary moments of life.


Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman


Nobody freak out - I just wanted to read this book to prepare for the future, which is still a little while ahead. It was a great read. Chapman raises solid questions that should be addressed in a serious, Christ-centered relationship that is heading towards marriage. I want to faithfully pray and prepare myself to be a Godly wife for the future, and that can and should start now. I would imagine that any good seriously dating or engaged class, or premarital counseling, would involve the content of this book, from family issues, personality differences, and personal goals. It has given me many thought-provoking questions to consider and talk through, and I hope it will be helpful for others too!


L I S T E N:

Will Reagan + United Pursuit // Live at the Banks House


You just have to listen to this album to fully understand my words. It is incredible, anointed, and powerful. Six years since its release and years later since I discovered these tracks, I still come back to it and immerse myself in raw acoustic worship because it is SO good. I love closing my eyes, turning up the volume, and feeling like I am in a room full of believers that is saturated with the Holy Spirit. It is deeply moving. I have wept to these songs, cried out in desperation, and smiled uncontrollably as the words left my lips. Just...listen to it. Please.


Lauren Daigle // How Can It Be


We recently began singing this at my church, and I have grown to love this song. Honestly, I wasn't blown away the first time, but then when I led worship, the weight of these words reached my heart. Have you ever felt completely in awe of God's love and amazed that He could love someone as broken as you? I have. And these words capture that, but turn it into wonder and praise.


Christine Caine Sermons


If you enjoy listening to sermon podcasts, and perhaps if you enjoy Christian female empowerment, look up Christine Caine's teaching. She is a Bible teacher from Hillsong Australia (cue the sweet Australian accent) who is deeply passionate about Jesus and the Bible. She was a guest teacher at Bethel, so I listened to several of her sermons there, but I really enjoy her words. Chris and her husband are also known for founding The A21 Campaign, which is a non-profit that fights human trafficking. Talk about a power couple.

Let me know if you have any recommendations or if you would like to see more favorites posts. I am always open to suggestions!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment